Monday, June 13, 2011

Little Cricket


I am trying to come up with a new logo for 'little cricket' and thought who better design it than Finn. Observational drawing is important for children to enhance their drawing skills- learning to see details and shapes. There is more information about observational drawing on this site, and extensions for drawing activities. 

This evening I set Finn up with a note book, pen and a couple of clear images of crickets/grasshoppers (DK books
are excellent references for children).



When helping children with observational drawing practice, gently mention parts of the image that they are looking at to draw (the different shapes that they may see,  and detail of the image). For example with the crickets Finn was drawing, I pointed out that legs become triangle shapes, and how you can only see one eye from the side.

I'm not sure how his drawing would transfer to a logo- but I do love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment