Wednesday, August 3, 2011

neighbourhood adventures and outdoor drawing

This afternoon we went for a little explore around parts of our suburb that we hadn't been to before.


We discovered beautiful rainforest walking tracks, burbling creeks with wooden bridges, a 'secret' playground, some horses in a paddock and a wonderful community garden.




 
I took my uni notes with me hoping to get a chance to read while the children played (of course it didn't happen), and I brought along a clipboard, some paper and a crayon roll-up (instructions to make one here) full of  Stockmar beeswax stick crayons (they have such beautiful, rich colours and are smooth and easy for children to draw with). Finn did some gorgeous drawings in the fresh air.

  



  

We also made some clover chains which took me back to my own childhood. 



No comments:

Post a Comment